Search engine optimization has become the talk of the town in digital marketing. The reason is SEO is one of the most inexpensive ways to generate business. Irrespective of the fact you run a small local business or a part of any giant fortune 500, SEO can always take you one step ahead.
The best part is local SEO can benefit the small businesses also making sure that the competition is equal between any fortune 500 and a small business.
Blogging is certainly one of the best ways to optimize your website for local SEO. Here is a list of benefits which are tempting enough to grab your attention.
- Blogging lends your website some quality ongoing and timely stuff to seduce some parts of the Google’s algorithms that focus on content freshness.
- One of the benefits of blogging is that it attracts an audience which may interact with you. The user interaction factor can give the website a higher prominence score in Google local algorithms. In case you succeed in getting blogs subscribers and frequent readers, it can create a positive impact in eyes of Google as more and more people will be coming to your site to read quality content.
- Regular blogging makes your site look unique and more active
- One of the major benefits of regular blogging is that your site can rank in higher on blog Search (and on regular keyword search results and local maps search result) which means your business site will get more exposure and greater distribution of your promotional efforts online.
- Another great benefit of blogging is that it enables you to engage with other bloggers. It can be done in form of posting comments and opinions on your blog or on their blog. Moreover, you can partner up for co-blogging.
- It enables you to get featured on multiple online platforms if you have created something extremely valuable which may impact the local industry.
- Just in case your business has been attacked online due to any reason, blogging is an effective medium of online reputation management. You are always free to express your opinion or your point of view to the community in detail.
- With help of blogging you to put up plenty of details regarding your product or service which will again be one of the ranking factors in local SEO.
- Blogging provides a solid bedrock for your social media presence. The blog post you created can be shared on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.
- You can always re-purpose your content in multiple forms such as text, images, infographics, videos etc. to engage multiple segments. This can lead to higher engagement on your social media platforms and even on your blog.
These are some of the major benefits of blogging which will help your business to generate higher revenue by acquiring the top position. In case you do not have the expertise, you can always hire a local SEO company.